Today, a colleague and I headed to Anacortes to attend a finance workshop. Lori knows about our EVs, as she is often on the receiving end of my one-way conversations wherein I proclaim the virtues of electric vehicles. After some reluctance, she agreed to let me drive her to the workshop...provided that we take Tanya's 2013 LEAF. Lori didn't want to go without the heater in my 2012 (yes, she
does know me!).
The morning trip was pretty straight forward, and we charged for about 15 minutes in Burlington before heading out to Anacortes. Frankly, it seemed that Lori was more impressed with the white chocolate peppermint mocha that I bought her on the way out of town than my wizbang car. She didn't complain about my EVangelism on the way, but I was really hoping to hear her "oohs" and "aahs" about the LEAF. After our meeting, I decided that I would let her do some driving on the way home. Surely, I figured, that would win her over.
 |
| I think that we have a believer here, folks! |
So, after charging in Burlington on the return trip, Lori took to the driver's seat. On the drive back into Everett, she seemingly had a great time! There were expressions of being pleasantly surprised by the LEAF's acceleration, and Lori laughingly insisted during the first few miles that she was going to get into a wreck. The trip was, of course, uneventful...other than the fact that we both had a great time driving a wonderful car!
No comments:
Post a Comment