Aug 24, 2013

Team CrazyDaddy at it Again!

Just five days ago, I had substantial shoulder surgery.  Today, I have a serious case of Cabin Fever-itis. Tomorrow, while Tanya is at work, I am going to take Sabrina and Charlie on a little road trip--great medicine!

We'll be heading up north.  First to Bellingham, and then we'll be driving up to the ski area at Mt. Baker.  With a little luck, the three of us can have a nice picnic up in the mountains and bag another fun excursion in our Nissan LEAF.

For this trip, I encourage folks to follow us on their smartphones via the Glympse app.  We'll be traveling via the Glympse tag:  !CrazyDaddy    Yes, there is an exclamation point at the beginning.

I'll also be updating on Twitter @EV_RoadTrip    Additionally, the Twitter updates will be used should I miscalculate the battery charge in our car and end up in trouble.  We will be in the wilderness, but may be able to send a Tweet in sticky situation where there is spotty cell coverage.

Real-time speed, E.T.A., and live mapping.
In Bellingham, we will take our LEAF up to a 100% charge with the CHAdeMO and J1772 electric vehicle supply equipment in Sehome Village.  From there, here is what we're looking at:

Sea Level to 5000 feet in 60 miles!
I will be collecting data for a later blog post--stay tuned!

1 comment: