Jun 15, 2013

New Adventure, New Blog

Here is a blurb from my new blog, http://EVroadtrip.blogspot.com/:

My five-year-old daughter, Sabrina, and I will be leaving in two weeks to start a 17 day road trip in our all-electric Nissan LEAF.  For as long as I have been licensed to drive, road tripping has been a favorite vacation activity.  Tanya and I have driven many road trips together, most of which were measured in thousands of miles driven across many states and/or provinces.  
Traveling more than 3200 miles in an electric vehicle (EV) is certainly a new endeavor, though.  We own two EVs, a 2012 Nissan LEAF and a 2013 Nissan LEAF.  On a day-to-day basis, I drive the white 2012 LEAF and Tanya drives the black 2013 LEAF.  For this trip, I will be driving our 2013 as it has a much faster onboard charger for Level 2 charging.  Even with the faster charging, we will be charging every 80 miles, or so.  In Washington and Oregon, most charging will be done at high-output Level 3 stations that will have us back on the road in about 20 minutes.  However, in much of California, we will frequently charge at Level 2 equipment.  When that happens, Sabrina and I will need to find things to do for a few hours until the charge completes...  

This is where we need your help!  Please check out our new blog for this adventure:  http://EVroadtrip.blogspot.com/

At the new blog, you will see some of the locations that we will be charging in Washington, Oregon, and California.  At the bottom of the road trip blog (http://EVroadtrip.blogspot.com/), guests can share comments.  If you know of some fun or interesting activities near the locations that we will be charging, please share with a comment at the bottom of the blog.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment